[icecast] How to handle NAT ?

SmartBloke smartbloke at fastmail.fm
Wed Apr 28 21:10:47 UTC 2004

O.k., i accept, never been one for reading the docs ...

/however/, would it not be possible to invent a keyword/macro/flag which
could be set into the icecast hostname setting so that it worked in the
same way as the $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] global in php ?

i.e.,
if I run a php script on my virtual server from inside my firewall then
this variable within php is set to 10.1.1.101.
If I run the same script from outside my firewall then the variable is
set to www.XXX.dyndns.org

This would solve the problem, as php clearly knows where the call is
coming from - if the contents of this variable were put in the .m3u which
is served then the playlist would work from inside and outside of the
firewall.

perhaps I'm over-simplifying this ?

rick

smartbloke at fastmail.fm