[icecast] Using liveice-xmms with icecast

Nori Heikkinen nori+lists-icecast at maenad.net
Sat Apr 24 22:57:19 UTC 2004

on Sun, 25 Apr 2004 04:31:31AM +1000, Geoff Shang insinuated:
> On Sat, 24 Apr 2004, Nori Heikkinen wrote:
>
> > in an attempt to set up a little stream, i downloaded and
> > installed both icecast2 and liveice-xmms.
>
> Note that liveice-xmms more than likely does not work with icecast
> 2.0.  You can of course opt to use it with icecast 1.3.12, but the
> developers no longer provide any support for it whatsoever, and many
> users have also made the move to icecast 2.0.
>
> If you want to use XMMS,

i don't have my heart set on it.  really, i'm new to this whole thing,
and a friend suggested liveice-xmms because i already have xmms
installed, so i decided to try it out.  but i'm open to anything.
what would your recommendation be?

thanks,

</nori>

--