[icecast] IceCast as a WinXP Service?? plus 2 Qs more..

Alex Martin shorewall at rettc.com
Thu Apr 22 03:08:46 UTC 2004

You can get some software to make an executable run as a service.

Here http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/nt_service.html is a link to some
software that indicates it will do this.

If you google around more, i am sure you might find something better.

Also, relays are the way to replicate a stream. I am not sure you can do
this with the windows port of icecast.

One more thing, try using linux instead of windows, and it will be better
(free, stable, straightforward, learnable, etc..).

Alex Martin
http://www.rettc.com