[icecast] How relay stream information between icecast v1 & v2

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Thu Apr 22 01:15:17 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 21 April 2004 19:47, EISELE Pascal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've two icecast server :
> - The first is an icecast server v1 where sources (using liveice and
> ices) are directly connected
> - The second is an icecast server v2 that relay two mountpoint from the
> other server
> When a use a player (such as xmms or winamp) and listen to the first
> icecast server, I got good stream information such as title, etc...
> When a use a player (such as xmms or winamp) and listen to the second
> icecast server, I can hear the music but no information is available.
> The title is the mountpoint.
> What the matter ?

I'd expect this to work, so if it isn't, I'm not sure why. If you can
reproduce this without using icecast 1.x, I'd be happy to look into why it's
happening - but since icecast 1.x is unsupported, I don't intend to look at
it otherwise.

> How debug YP directory update ? Is a list of YP directory available
> somewhere ?

There is a full admin interface accessible via the web. There is no admin
console.

I'm not sure what you're actually asking about concerning YP.

Mike

p.s. Don't cross-post to icecast and icecast-dev. Pick one, and one only.