[icecast] Icecast server YP Woes... take 2

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Mon Apr 12 19:44:46 UTC 2004

At 02:37 PM 4/12/2004, you wrote:
>oddsock wrote:
>
>  > can you verfiy that you can connect to dir.xiph.org from the machine
>>running icecast ? i.e. wget http://dir.xiph.org/cgi-bin/yp-cgi
>
>Yes, at least here. My machine is able to talk to the directory server
>without a problem.
>
>>anything else special network-wise in your setup ?
>
>Nothing special here. It's a standard firewall/NAT setup, not much
>filtering. Does the directory server want to send anything in return to
>the response on a different port by chance?

nope, we specifically designed the protocol to not need to either "call
back" to the stream (like the shoutcast YP does), or do any other type of
reverse connects...

Karl is actually in process of rewriting alot of the yp code (much for the
better) and so it's possible that whatever issues you are coming across
will be resolved, or at least will get more information about, in the near
future..

oddsock