[icecast] MP3 MetaData in WMP and RealOne

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Mon Apr 12 15:25:41 UTC 2004

> WMP does not support shoutcast-style metadata....definately not.  And I'd
> be REAL (pun intended) suprised  if Helix/Real supported it.

Real should support it fine.  At least it used to as far as I know.
There is code for it in Helix I'm almost certain (having poked around in
there).  If I'm wrong, one could certainly easily add this both to the
Helix mp3 plugin and to the Ogg plugin.

But of course, <insert rant against shoutcast style metadata here>.

jack.