[icecast] Ices 0.3 won't play mp3 file

Joe Jones joe_jones64 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 8 23:52:08 UTC 2004

OK...finally got Icecast 1.3/2 set up.  Currently testing things with
Icecast 2 and Ices 0.3

Icecast 2 runs fine and I can access the admin facility through the
web...alls good there.

throws out this...

Playing /usr/home/herbal/GanjaSmugglin.mp3
DEBUG: Updated metadata on /stream.mp3 to: Test Artist - Test Title
Mounted on http://localhost:8000/stream.mp3
DEBUG: Delaying metadata update...
DEBUG: Updated metadata on /stream.mp3 to: Test Artist - Test Title

...and hangs.

that Ices isn't sending any data, ergo it isn't playing a song.

Looking at 'top' shows that it uses 100% of the CPU.  I've left it run for
10mins and nothing happens.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ices:Configuration xmlns:ices="http://www.icecast.org/projects/ices">
  <Playlist>
    <File>playlist.txt</File>
    <Randomize>0</Randomize>
    <Type>builtin</Type>
    <Module>ices</Module>
  </Playlist>

  <Execution>
    <Background>0</Background>
    <Verbose>1</Verbose>
    <BaseDirectory>/local/icecast2/logs</BaseDirectory>
  </Execution>

  <Stream>
    <Server>
      <Hostname>localhost</Hostname>
      <Port>8000</Port>
      <Password>WhateverEncoder</Password>
      <Protocol>http</Protocol>
    </Server>

    <Mountpoint>/stream.mp3</Mountpoint>
    <Name>Name</Name>
    <Genre>Genre</Genre>
    <Description>Default description</Description>
    <URL><a href="http://81.103.61.14/</URL">http://81.103.61.14/</URL</a>>
    <Public>0</Public>

    <Bitrate>128</Bitrate>
    <Reencode>0</Reencode>