[icecast] example config for icecast2 relaying

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Tue Sep 23 01:05:50 UTC 2003

Hi Kerry:

I've not used relaying, but looking at the config example, I can see two
ways you could do this.

If you just want to completely mirror your internal server on the outside
one, you could do:

<master-server>X</master-server>
<master-server-port>8000</master-server-port>
<master-update-interval>120</master-update-interval>
<master-password>TheRelayPasswordOnX</master-password>

Or, if you want to do a per mount relay, something like this:

    <relay>
      <server>X</server>
      <port>8000</port>
      <mount>/example.ogg</mount>
      <local-mount>/different.ogg</local-mount>
      <relay-shoutcast-metadata>0</relay-shoutcast-metadata>
    </relay>

Of course, you'd probably want the mount and local mount to be the same,
but they don't have to be.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang at uq.net.au>
ICQ number 43634701

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html