[icecast] Newbie-Question

d.moritz at edv-partner.com d.moritz at edv-partner.com
Mon Sep 22 08:24:41 UTC 2003

Hi
I think I mangaed to install icecast and ices correctly, but I've got trouble starting it.
Starting icecast as root gives me
Should not start as root, use changeowner directives

Okay, so I changed the defaultvalues for changeowner to another user on this machine.
But now I get this error:
Changed userid to 501 (I thin thats okay)
changed groupid to 100 (ok, too)
FATAL: could not open error loggin
FATAL: could not open access loggin
FATAL: could not start logging

Is there a short documentation anywhere which contains how to set up the whole stuff?