[icecast] Evil is the pthread thingy...

Jimmy Blake webmaster at secondshifters.com
Sat Sep 20 18:02:42 UTC 2003

Okay, this might be a silly question, but....

On the Redhat box that my server people have installed icecast on (yeah,
sorry, I'm not exactly a linux guru myself here) libshout seems to compile
and install, however when we try to run the test.pl the first two checks
come back fine, but the third comes back and says perl: relocation error:
/usr/local/lib/libshout.so.3: undefined symbol: pthread_rwlock_init.
Please, if anyone has any clue how to get rid of this, help...  It is
causing me physical pain (not really, but close)

Jimmy Blake