[icecast] Multiple Winamp/Oddcast processes

Ross Levis ross at stationplaylist.com
Thu Sep 18 04:43:37 UTC 2003

Hello Oddsock and interested parties.

Our first multiple stream test broadcast today on one PC and found one
problem with the Oddcast plugin.

We have multiple Winamps installed in separate folders and are loading each
Winamp with a different Windows class name, so that each one may be
controlled with external software via Windows messages.

The problem is that all streams are sending the same song title information
obtained from one of the Winamps.  So the wrong song title is showing on
most streams when played.

Oddsock, I presume you are obtaining the song title via the GetWindowText
Windows call but with the wrong handle.  Hopefully you can obtain the handle
of the Winamp that the Oddcast process is attached to.

I hope you can fix this when you get a chance.  Much appreciated.

Best regards,

Ross Levis