[icecast] noobie questions

Jeff Ousley jeofatima at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 21:56:30 UTC 2003

Thanks, all, for the pointers. I think I have
everything configured properly, but, something is
obviously still wrong. I'm using Kerry's guide with
these xml files:

- Sample icecast.xml
- Configuration for Streaming Live Audio

I started icecast & ices as directed. I then started
xmms and configured the output plugin to be the OSS
driver. I'm playing a music cd. This is all on my
linux box.

On my windows box, using WinAmp 3, I play location
"http://linuxhost:8000/radiofree.ogg.m3u". The admin
site indicates one person is connected. However, all
winamp does, over & over, is cycle between
"PREBUFFERING DONE." & "1. RADIOFREE.OGG". Back and
forth...no music. Any thots?

Help!!!
-jeff