[icecast] (was, streaming both ogg and mp3) now, sending out 3 streams

Kerry Cox kerry.cox at ksl.com
Sun Nov 23 00:35:48 UTC 2003

Okay, I get the picture. Darkice is the way to go. I downloaded it and
installed it and will be testing it using the latest icecast 2.0 beta.
Just give me a few days to get it running and become used to it.

<new question>

Now, for another question. It's just a config issue really.
I successfully have two streams running, one at high bandwidth or 96
kbps and the other low bandwidth at 32 kbps. It works great and  am
relaying it successfully to another server.
Now, I'd like to set up a third stream. This one at very low bandwidth.
Here is how my config "ices.stream.dual.xml" currently looks:

        <input>
            <module>oss</module>
            <param name="rate">41000</param>
            <param name="channels">2</param> <!-- number of channels -->
            <param name="device">/dev/dsp</param> <!-- audio device -->
            <param name="metadata">0</param>
            <param name="metadatafilename">live</param>
        </input>

        <instance>
            <hostname>xx.xxx.x.xxx</hostname>
            <port>8000</port>
            <password>secretpasswd</password>
            <mount>/highband.ogg</mount>
            <yp>0</yp>
            <reconnectdelay>2</reconnectdelay>
            <reconnectattempts>5</reconnectattempts>
            <maxqueuelength>80</maxqueuelength>

            <encode>
                <quality>2</quality>
                <nominal-bitrate>96000</nominal-bitrate>
                <samplerate>41000</samplerate>
                <channels>2</channels>
            </encode>
        </instance>

        <instance>
            <hostname>xx.xxx.x.xxx</hostname>
            <port>8000</port>
            <password>secretpasswd</password>
            <mount>/lowband.ogg</mount>
            <yp>0</yp>
            <reconnectdelay>2</reconnectdelay>
            <reconnectattempts>5</reconnectattempts>
            <maxqueuelength>80</maxqueuelength>

            <downmix>1</downmix>

            <resample>
                <in-rate>41000</in-rate>
                <out-rate>22050</out-rate>
            </resample>

            <encode>
                <nominal-bitrate>32000</nominal-bitrate>
                <samplerate>22050</samplerate>
                <channels>1</channels>
                <quality>2</quality>
            </encode>
        </instance>

Now I tried to add a third stream by adding the following <instance> to
the above config:

       <instance>
            <hostname>xx.xxx.x.xxx</hostname>
            <port>8000</port>
            <password>secretpasswd</password>
            <mount>/smallband.ogg</mount>
            <yp>0</yp>
            <reconnectdelay>2</reconnectdelay>
            <reconnectattempts>5</reconnectattempts>
            <maxqueuelength>80</maxqueuelength>

            <downmix>1</downmix>

            <resample>
                <in-rate>22050</in-rate>
                <out-rate>11000</out-rate>
            </resample>

            <encode>
                <nominal-bitrate>16000</nominal-bitrate>
                <samplerate>11000</samplerate>
                <channels>1</channels>
                <quality>-1</quality>
            </encode>
        </instance>

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Thanks.
KJ

--
Kerry Cox <kerry.cox at ksl.com>
KSL / Bonneville International