[icecast] icecast 2.0 beta1

Jem Berkes jb2003 at pc9.org
Sat Nov 22 22:22:16 UTC 2003

At my university, our student lounge has been running an icecast server for a
while to serve music streams to our workstations on campus. Works
beautifully, and it is very stable (up to weeks).

A note about beta1. src/global.h still says:
#define ICECAST_VERSION_STRING "Icecast 2.0-alpha2/cvs"

The * only * problem I've had with 2.0alpha2, which I'm not yet sure has been
fixed in beta1, is despite having sufficient resources I had TCP streams
dying. This seemed to happen when a client fell behind the stream rate for an
instant, but then icecast wouldn't adjust its rate and the client would
eventually get swamped (TCP buffer filling up).