[icecast] PHP + parsing # of listeners.

Mr. Stauf stauf at freshcheese.net
Fri Nov 21 21:34:39 UTC 2003

Hello all,
I have a quick question I believed was already touched on earlier, but I cannot
find the thread/information in the archives, so I am going to ask away and
ask for your patience. :)

So I have my wonderful little PHP script, and my .pls files, and the relaying
and everything else perfect for my icecast2 setup.  But what I still need to
do is pull the # of listners for a mount point, and put it up on my main
page to show other listeners the number of listeners.

Now I seem to remember someone haveing some php scripts that did this sort of
thing, and I can't find those.  I relieve my best bet is to use some regular
expression magic and find /mountpointname.ogg,,,, read everything until the
next ,,'s in the status2.xsl.  Now, thats great, but my regular expression
skills are sub par, and I was wondering if there is another solution, so I
can create a more customized icecast2 stats page.

Btw, everyone thank you for all the great work.  And good job on the beta.
--Stauf