[icecast] Multiple Ogg Streams

Lukas Österreicher lukas.oesterreicher at inode.at
Fri Nov 21 13:02:29 UTC 2003

Hello

I've been playing around with Icecast, Oddcast DSP v2 and streamTranscoder,
trying to get multiple streams with different bitrates in ogg format running.

The source I am streaming is from Winamp 2.80 Oddcast DSP v2 serving
to a linux compilation (got it from CVS just yesterday) of Icecast 2.

I also compiled streamTranscoder 1.1 and after much trial got a
not really stable second stream running. streamTranscoder tends to
hickup the sound and crash however, and it does not seem possible
to run more then one instance (got broken pipe then).

Can you tell me any alternative software that provides this functionality?

I read about Ices2, darkice and liveice but these dont seem to be able
to take an (ogg-) stream for datainput.

Also, if you were to set up multiple icecast servers, how would you do that?

Thanx,
Lukas