[icecast] icecast acceptable headers

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Fri Nov 21 03:47:11 UTC 2003

the problem is probably that nsvcap most likely tries to attach using the
"shoutcast source" protocol, which is some strange variation of HTTP (but
definitely not HTTP).... It's strange-ness and non-HTTP-ness is the reason
why icecast doesn't support connecting the Shoutcast DSP to it.  So I don't
think any magical combination of headers will get live NSV
working...although if we ever build in Shoutcast strange-non-HTTP-ness into
icecast, it should work no problemo...The problem, to support connecting
the SHoutcast DSP (and probably NSVcap) we have to majorly hack icecast to
support this "custom" protocol, which we really don't like doing :)

oddsock