Fw: [icecast] Some Question

Ross Levis ross.levis at cchlawbase.co.nz
Tue Nov 11 02:10:51 UTC 2003

Hi Dave

> In the realm of internet radio id have to say 80% use winamp,
> or other players supporting http streaming.

Perhaps that is the case for stream listeners.  I was quoting (from
memory) media players usage figures I read somewhere.  Once someone is
using WMP, they are generally hooked, and there are 100's if not 1000's
of streams available in the Radio Tuner section.

> There is a ogg vorbis plugin out there for windows media 9,
> and yes it does work, but ill be damned if i can find the site. :/

I tried this some time ago and it played local ogg vorbis files ok but
would not stream.  It attempted to find the codec to download.

Regards,
Ross Levis.