[icecast] Icecast, freebsd, core dumped.

Ethan telmnstr at 757.org
Wed Nov 5 23:02:59 UTC 2003

FreeBSD 4.9
Icecast 13.1
Lame 3.90, 3.93

First time, I made lame via ports and made Icecast by hand.
Core dump

Second time, I removed the port version of lame made by hand, remade
icecast. Core dump (A previous message mentioned removing the port and
making Lame by hand).

Any clues?

The problem has been mentioned a few times on the list with no real
resolve.

I have lots of other boxes running old FreeBSD, older Lame and older
Icecast.

For giggles, I grabbed an old binary from a working FreeBSD box and threw
it on the non-working one, same error.

My guess is it is with Lame or with the sound card stuff for freebsd?

My sound card is the same model that I use in 3 other hosts (14 other
streams!)

I tried moving to Lame 3.91, nothing different.

Help!