[icecast] subscription services on icecast2

assorgia at tin.it assorgia at tin.it
Tue Nov 4 08:09:13 UTC 2003

On 3 Nov 2003 at 13:52, Kerry Cox wrote:

> I just got a query from a user regarding icecast2 and thought I'd throw
> it out to the mailing list. Is it possible to set up some sort of
> subscription to an icecast2 audio feed?

I'm working on a similar service. I plan to use a custom made flash
flash mp3 player to have the users login and play back the audio
feed.

Doing so the end user never knows the real source of the feed, thus
making impossibile to listen to it without authentication.

Unfortunately this is only possible using old icecats 1.3