[icecast] no mp3s with ices2!? an other way?

Stefan Neufeind stefan at neufeind.net
Sat May 31 11:08:45 UTC 2003

On 31 May 2003 at 6:17, Adon Irani wrote:

> > So why can't support for mp3 be added to ices2? From a technical
> > point, I mean? Somebody said "It's not and never will be". Any good
> > reason for that? This is the only problem why I'm fiddling around
> > with ices-0.2.3-cvsbuild (and not getting it to work, but thats
> > another story).
>
> can't answer to the technicals ., but as far as getting ices-0.x_cvs
> to build , try the ices-0.2.3 and libshout-2.0 tarballs from
> http://www.icecast.org/~brendan .. these helped me solve the
> ices-0.x_cvs won't compile problem .

Did that and was able to compile fine. But as reported to the list
already even by someone else some days / weeks ago ices-0.2.3-cvs
SEEMS to stream MP3s correctly to the server and icecast2 SEEMS to
rebroadcast the audio. But the only thing you get is silence. So
there must be a problem somewhere.

Anyway, wouldn't it be easier to add mp3-support to ices-2 instead of
testing and fixing the old 0.2.3?