[icecast] no mp3s with ices2!? an other way?

Stefan Neufeind stefan at neufeind.net
Sat May 31 08:17:57 UTC 2003

You "should" be able to use mp3s with ices. But not with ices2-2.x.
You have to grab ices-0.2.3 from the snapshots. The earlier versions
of ices-0.2.3 containted mp3-support but were not capable of
streaming to an icecast2-server (only icecast). The current builds
support both features.

But from testing myself and from the list I recall there have been
some problems: Ices connected fine, said it is playing mp3-audio -
but you can't hear anything when you listen to the stream. Did
anybody resolve the problem already? It would be really nice to get
this feature working

Or how about adding mp3-support again to ices-2.x? Some people voted
against that - but why?

 Stefan