[icecast] icecast 2 CVS version doesn't compile

Brendan Cully brendan at xiph.org
Wed May 28 15:09:34 UTC 2003

On Wednesday, 28 May 2003 at 23:44, Geoff Shang wrote:
> Or maybe have YP disabled by default and have it complain as above if you
> enable it with a configure option?
>
> It's just that I can see a whole bunch of "I can't get YP stuff to work"
> messages replacing the "WTF is CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL" messages we're currently
> getting.  Having configure quietly disable YP support and go about its
> business isn't going to make it any easier for the casual user to figure
> out what the problem is, and is only going to make what seems to be a
> common issue harder for us to diagnose (at least now it's easy).
>
> I guess whether we opt for YP support to be enabled or disabled by default
> will be a matter of deciding how mainstream a function it is.  Personally,
> I'd think that most icecast users will want to use it, so I'd vote for it
> being enabled by default.  But I'm not too bothered either way.

Right now, since we aren't yet at release point, I think the highest
priority is having it compile out of the box on as many machines as
possible. The second priority is exercising as much code as possible.

So the current behaviour is to enable YP by default (exercising the YP
code), but to disable it with a warning message if the curl library
isn't available or of an adequate version (increasing the odds of a
successful untweaked compilation).

I've added a --disable-yp option. Obviously this turns off YP even if
curl is installed. --enable-yp on the other hand causes configure to
error out if curl isn't available.

How does that sound?