[icecast] Low frequency feedback?

Devin Campbell devin at moonglade.com
Wed May 28 14:23:40 UTC 2003

I'm having a rather strange problem with what sounds like low frequency
feedback in my stream.  I've been running the stream for several months and
this hasn't been happening until recently.  I haven't done any upgrades to
icecast2 or ices2 and only a few other minor system upgrades that shouldn't
be related in any way.  It's about time I pulled a new version of everything
from CVS, but I was hoping to figure out what's causing this problem before
I do the upgrade.

Ices2 reads OGG files from disk, reencodes them and sends them to icecast2,
not very complicated.

You should be able to hear the problem here:
http://24.164.83.85:8000/music.ogg

It happens with all files that I've tried, I've restarted Ices and Icecast
with no effect.  The files are fine when I play them directly, so I figure
it must be happening during the reencoding.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Devin