[icecast] icecast2, libshout2, Shout.pm FreeBSD

Xavier Degenève abo at degeneve.net
Tue May 27 22:41:30 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 05:49, Geoff Shang wrote:
> On Mon, 26 May 2003, Michael Smith wrote:
> > You'll have to port Shout.pm to use libshout2 - the API has changed (not
> > in terribly major ways for the most part, so it should be a simple and
> > straightforward port).
>
> Didn't someone do this and post it to icecast-dev?  Or was that something
> else?  I'm not a perl programmer.  I'd just hate to see someone duplicate
> work unnecessarily.

Hi folks,

I have made some gentoo package for thus who want icecast2/libshout2 from cvs
and libshoutperl from a post into the mailing list archive :)
The URLof gentoo package is
http://limpoo.degeneve.com/icecast2.php

and the libshout2perl URL is
http://www.xiph.org/archives/icecast-dev/att-0480/01-Shout-1.1.tar.gz
I did not remember who post this but THANKS a lot !!
Note: The Perl API has changed, open files and use example to find it.

Why it is not on CVS ? Somebody have a date of release ?

It works fine. Note this ebuild use a "fixed" date version of the CVS, but you
can customize it easily.

Regards,

Xavier