[icecast] mp3 support and compatibility

Adon Irani adon at yorku.ca
Wed May 21 12:05:44 UTC 2003

 hello every0ne , it's ad0n from theDV8network.com .

i've been hearing of more and more people in my community who are having
troubles connecting to our netw0rk . in most cases , wind0ws media player
or realone is stealing the associations ;  and even if they've installed
winamp , the stream doesn't l0ad .

i think , at least for the first-time listeners , i need to add mp3
support ..  ( currently i'm using icecast2/ices2 and oggvorbis )

i would use streamTranscoder-0.2 , but it won't transcode my ogg
streams ( same problem as mentioned on its homepage forum - connects for
about 2o seconds , appears on status.xsl , dies but transcoder continues
to run ).

otherwise , is ices-0.2.3cvs an option ??
does it require an older version of libshout than ices2 ? i have
libshout.so.3.0.0 installed , but ./configure does not detect it ..

for the on-demand archives, can ices-0.2.3cvs use .ogg in its playlist ?
or would i have to keep .mp3 archives as well ??

 a:/,