[icecast] Anyone want to be my hero?

Stefan Neufeind stefan at neufeind.net
Sun May 18 05:19:14 UTC 2003

You could also use the streamTranscoder to sample live audio and
encode it but I haven't tested it up to now. As far as Oddsock
reported in the near future all vital things will be done by libs -
so I guess then it will be almost equal which app you choose because
they all rely on the same functionality in the background.

Are you doing live-encoding on a workstation? Then give the Oddcast-
plugins a try. If you're using Linux (which I conclude from your
post) then the XMMS-plugin might be useful for you. Give it a try and
tell us about your experiments.

 Stefan