[icecast] No audio with slackware for live station

Stefan Neufeind stefan at neufeind.net
Fri May 16 11:16:17 UTC 2003

On Fri, 16 May 2003 at 13:02:49, photos-ifree wrote:

> I've just installed the latest release of icecast2 and ices from CVS.
> I have a linux Slackware 9.0 with the default packages.
> After install of ices and icecast & relative libraries (with no errors), I've
> started the icecast server.
[...]
> All is OK  ... But from ICES I have no audio signal.

I experienced the same problem yesterday. Tried sending an cbr-mp3 - but had
the same results. Maybe there is something wrong in ices? Maybe could you do a
little debugging which reveals if mp3-data is sent out by ices or not? Just
grab the output-stream (which is sent to the server) in a file and try to play
that one in WinAmp. Maybe also Brendan got a suggestion to this problem?

 Stefan