[icecast] No audio with slackware for live station

photos-ifree photos at interfree.it
Fri May 16 11:14:39 UTC 2003

Hy,
I've just installed the latest release of icecast2 and ices from CVS.
I have a linux Slackware 9.0 with the default packages.
After install of ices and icecast & relative libraries (with no errors), I've started the icecast server.
When starts ices, this is the debug:

---
 INFO ices-core/main ices started...
 INFO input-oss/oss_open_module Opened audio device /dev/dsp at 2 channel(s), 44100 Hz
 INFO input-oss/oss_open_module Started metadata update thread
 INFO signals/signal_usr1_handler Metadata update requested
 INFO metadata/metadata_thread_signal tag 1 is TITLE=Live Radio Stations on the net.
 INFO metadata/metadata_thread_signal tag 2 is ARTIST=xxx
 INFO metadata/metadata_thread_signal Updating metadata
 INFO audio/downmix_initialise Enabling stereo->mono downmixing
 INFO audio/resample_initialise Initialised resampler for 1 channels, from 44100 Hz to 22050 Hz
 INFO encode/encode_initialise Encoder initialising in VBR mode: 1 channel(s), 22050 Hz, quality 1.000000
 INFO stream/ices_instance_stream Connected to server: viabazar.net:8000/radiokey.ogg
 INFO audio/resample_initialise Initialised resampler for 1 channels, from 44100 Hz to 22050 Hz
 DBUG encode/encode_clear Clearing encoder engine
 INFO encode/encode_initialise Encoder initialising in VBR mode: 1 channel(s), 22050 Hz, quality 1.000000
---

go to the page
   domain_name:8000/status.xsl
I see the mountpoint, the metadata and a link to listen the audio-live.

When I click in that link, starts the WINAMP 3 (the file m3u is associated with winamp).
It's all OK...
Winamp stay connect to the server icecast, but I hear nothing !!!
The mixer channel have a right configuration (LINE-IN = volume 90% has Record line!!!)

I've tested my sound card, with this comand (from SOX):
rec -s w -c 2 -r 44100 track-test.au

All is OK  ... But from ICES I have no audio signal.
This is my ices.xml (the essentials):

---
<background>0</background> <!-- run in background? (unimplemented) -->
        <logpath>/tmp/local/icecast</logpath> <!-- where logs, etc go. -->
        <logfile>ices.log</logfile>
        <loglevel>4</loglevel> <!-- 1=error,2=warn,3=info,4=debug -->
    <consolelog>1</consolelog> <!-- logfile is ignored if this is set to 1 -->

        <stream>
                <!-- metadata used for stream listing (not currently used) -->
                <metadata>
                        <name>Example stream name</name>
                        <genre>Example genre</genre>
                        <description>A short description of your stream</description>
                </metadata>

                <input>
                        <module>oss</module>
                        <param name="rate">44100</param> <!-- samplerate -->
                        <param name="channels">2</param> <!-- number of channels -->
                        <param name="device">/dev/dsp</param> <!-- audio device -->
                        <param name="metadata">1</param>

                        <param name="metadatafilename">/icecast/ices.conf/live</param>
                </input>

                        <hostname>domain_name</hostname>
                        <port>8000</port>
                        <password>xxxxxxx</password>