[icecast] Icecast2 / Ogg / oddcastDSP / Winamp2 Constant Prebuffering

John Farnsworth si at darkness.nu
Fri May 16 00:43:20 UTC 2003

I don't think it's connection, since I can recreate it across a 100mbit
LAN without issue.  I've been playing with the buffer settings in Winamp,
haven't been able to clear it up.  It isn't buffer underrunning or
anything, it seems that it's just the fact it thinks the stream is over
constantly, so starts prebuffering again as start of stream (length always
shows as <0:01>.  I'll keep messing with the vorbis streaming buffer
settings in Winamp, i'm pretty convinced it's just winamp acting up (I
fired it up on my PDA, and didn't have the problem).