[icecast] Re: Vorbis streams on Windows Media Player

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at wiesneronline.net
Wed Mar 26 16:54:28 UTC 2003

Michael Smith wrote:
> Since the directshow filters are closed source, we can't help with them at all
> (I don't think any of the developers ever claimed they had any ability to
> receive streams - though I suspect if they don't it's just a bug).
> Mike

Please, no overreaction .... i come in peace :) !

All i know on this matter was that Tobias had plans to make his filter
accept HTTP streams, and that even a mod of icecast was discussed to be
able to stream OGM. This was all done between Tobias and the Corecodec
people, *before* he announced he would join Xiph for making Theora.

Since then nobody has received a sign of Life from Tobias anymore :-(
.... a severe RLI this must be ...

Christian