[icecast] SXSW.com fun

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Sun Mar 16 08:01:30 UTC 2003

Hi:

Hey, nice feeds for just a room mic.  Unfortunately I only remembered at
about 1:30Am Central (you guys are Central, aren't you?) and only got to
hear some stuff.  What parameters are you using for your streams?   They
sound quite nice.

I did a quick sample of everything.  Shame the mic for Maggie Mae's was so
hot, I tuned in to hear a band that I really liked the sound of.  Great
combination of pop-sounding songs and grunge riffs.  Nice contrast.  Female
vocals.  Heard the end of their set and the crowd definitely wanted more.
Would have loved to have heard them without distortion, but hey, these
things happen.

Really great idea.  Glad you guys could pull it off.  Oh and there was a
stream on 3.ogg but there didn't seem to be any link on the website to that
stream, so I have no idea what it was.  Was another venue though.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang at uq.net.au>
ICQ number 43634701

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html