[icecast] dare to compare -- live streams: ogg/WMA

boink boink at tetter.xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 15 23:50:13 UTC 2003

thanks for the idea geoff :)

however, I don't want to do that to my listeners. I want to provide them
with the best stream the little Pentium 166 mmx can do.

thus ... this really isn't just a technical issue here. it's proof here
that technology, whatever it may be, also relies on people. We know how
well techinally ogg works, but can people really use it yet?

for instace, if many radio stations were to stream in ogg, could people
use their Real Media Player or Windows Media Player? Do people know how
to get Winamp 2.8 (and not Winamp 3) and even install it?

the comparision, techinally is not totally in order like the files are
on Monty's comparision page. however, Radio France has a budjet of
millions and me? I did everything for under 200 euro. And per month? I
pay nothing.

boink.