[icecast] OGG streaming and Icecast2

Brandon bcasci at runbox.com
Fri Mar 14 20:16:13 UTC 2003

Hi All,

I recently just took the time to play with the OGG format and compare it to
mp3..and my conclusion is:

SWEEEEET

Where can I learn about writing a source for Icecast2? I written sources for
Shoutcast..that was pretty straight forward..rip through an mp3 file and
send the bytes to shoutcast at specific intervals. OGG is VBR...so I'm
having trouble wrappign my head around how I shoudl go about streaming bytes
to Icecast2..

where can I learn more?

I see the documentaiton on xiph.org, but I guess I'm looking for more of a
tutorial...is there one?