[icecast] OT: whats your opinion of ODDSOCK streamTranscoder?

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Thu Mar 13 14:55:46 UTC 2003

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Brandon wrote:

> Which format do you think sounds better at 64kbs: mp3, wma, or ogg?

Vorbis 44.1khz stereo at quality 0.0 for me averages around 60kbps (would
probably be higher if we didn't talk as much), and I think it's excellent.
Not artifact free of course, but hey, it's 64kbps.  The vorbis folks have a
comparison page on the vorbis site which doesn't seem to be linked from the
front page anymore hmmm.   anyway, it allowed you to compare vorbis at
64kbps with a stack of other codecs at the same or similar rates.  Anyone
got the direct url?  This should probably have a nice prominent link on the
vorbis.com front page.

Geoff.