[icecast] OT: whats your opinion of ODDSOCK streamTranscoder?

Brandon bcasci at runbox.com
Thu Mar 13 07:11:13 UTC 2003

heh..that was stupid of me to not understand what you meant. I'm pretty
tired thats why...I've been working a lot and playing with this stuff late
at night....you know how that goes. Also..the source and streamtranscoder
run on the same box..so theres very little chance of network issues.

source streamer myself. So I tuned directly into that for hours..actually
more lie 6 or 7 hours...not one glitch. SO then I blamed streamTranscoder
after a few days of trial and error with different tools....turns out it was
lame_enc

Ya..things seem pretty good since I switch to an older version of lame.
Although it still does skip a very tiny part of some songs..right in the
beginning..not all of them like before. Its not bad really, I can deal. I
notice it propbably because I hear some of these songs 5 times a
day....before it was awful. Oh ya....the 64KB buffer in my player seems to
empty out after an hour of listening still. So the data still isn;t coming
quite fast enough but thats ok...I can deal with that for now.

Have you ever heard of Mediabox? A company caled iTuner (www.ituner.com)
makes it. I needed something like for what I was doing..but didn;t want to
spend $3000...so I researched a bunch of opensource tools that could help me
out. I'm already spending enough money providing people with good music
community and getting nothing for it....another $3000 would have made it not
worth it.

I should probably check if any of the organizations I got tools from take
paypal donations..they deserve something