[icecast] OT: whats your opinion of ODDSOCK streamTranscoder?

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Thu Mar 13 02:59:03 UTC 2003

At 07:27 PM 3/12/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>I tried it on Windows 2000 and then compared it against shoutCAST DSP
>plugin. It sucked. It skipped and popped and cut off the first 1/2 second of
>each track and dropped. It sucked, while shoutCast DSP was flawless.

this is the first I've heard of this problem....and there are alot of
people that I know that are using it...none so far have reported this as a
problem...maybe if you provided some information that actually could be
used to reproduce or debug the problem..otherwise, based on your statement
"skipped and popped and dropped" is not terribly specific....

>radio stations so maybe someone has a little info for me. Short of writing
>my own is there something I can use that can transcode streams and not
>require the use of an mp3 player and soundcard?

nope, there aren't..which is actually why I wrote it...

oddsock