[icecast] playlist streams

Ross Levis ross.levis at cchlawbase.co.nz
Mon Mar 10 20:07:38 UTC 2003

Geoff Shang wrote:
> the other 3 have such low usage that each
> registers 0.0%.  So  this would seem to confirm my thinking
> on the subject. One of these 3 would be the straight send
> without re-encoding.

Thanks for your reply Geoff.  This is very useful.  Would the OddCastDSP
plugin work the same for Winamp?  Or is there any other option for
servicing IceCast via a Windows PC without re-encoding?  The audio
source PC will have to be Windows, even if IceCast is running on Linux.
I need to find the least expensive solution for 1000's of streams as
soon as possible so I can suggest the best method to the company who is
waiting on me for a reply.

Thanks all,

Ross Levis.