[icecast] skipping at change of song

Ross Levis ross at stationplaylist.com
Wed Jun 25 21:49:15 UTC 2003

I think this may be an oddcast issue but I'm not sure.
I've been streaming for a few days now and I've noticed when listening to the stream that at the change of every song the stream skips ahead slightly.  It appears to occur when the metadata for the song title etc is being sent.  For me this is a few seconds before the actual change of track since I'm using the SQRSoft crossfader where a new song is loaded well before the audio changes.

Is this normal?  Perhaps it is due to the occasional buffer underrun I get now & then and the stream wants to catch up?

Regards,
Ross.