[icecast] Oddcast suggestion

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Sat Jun 21 13:23:20 UTC 2003

This kind of behavior (on demand live streaming) is not supported by either
oddcast or icecast2, and honestly, really shouldn't be...In your situation,
I'd consider doing something closer to what live365 did back in the day to
address this particular issue, which is store all their content locally on
their servers, and basically build playlists that are customed for each user.

I wouldn't count on oddcast to support the "connect and send audio when and
only when a listener connects" type of logic, or icecast2 for that matter
either, in the near or even far future....

oddsock