[icecast] Oddcast suggestion

Ross Levis ross at stationplaylist.com
Sat Jun 21 02:01:01 UTC 2003

Dave St John wrote:T
> Thats a damn good idea, client connects, player sends request, server
> responds to dsp encoder says hey i need a stream, dsp says ACK ill send ya
> stream.

Sorry, I mis-read your idea Dave.  It is a good one.  To further your idea,
icecast2 could send the number of listeners back to the client everytime a
connection is opened or dropped.  This would allow the number of listeners
to be displayed at the client which would be very useful.  And it could also
control whether audio data is sent or not.  It would be a good thing to add
to the spec I think.

Regards,
Ross.