[icecast] Runaway icecast again (more YP issues)

Arc arc at indymedia.org
Thu Jun 19 17:16:34 UTC 2003

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 02:52:46AM +1000, Geoff Shang wrote:

> Our guess is that either icecast is not telling the YP servers to get rid
> of the original instance from their list, or the servers aren't doing it.
> So icecast keeps on trying to ad a new stream and the YP server keeps on
> complaining that it already has that one listed.

this is similar behavior to what I saw yesterday, when I was
experimenting with my own YP and icecast was unable to connect but kept
trying to touch/add.

one problem is apparently it doesnt handle a false return code for add
properly, and tries to touch anyways, etc... but it wasnt just CPU load
that was going through the roof, it was also growing by a few megs a
second...