[icecast] ices configuration not working

admin admin2 at enabled.com
Sat Jun 14 18:55:46 UTC 2003

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 21:48:49 -0400, Brendan Cully wrote
> If you want to stream to a shoutcast server, ices1 can do that
> directly - there's no need to relay through an icecast 1 server. But
> unless you want to be listed in the shoutcast directory, I don't know
> why you need to talk to a shoutcast server. icecast 2 will also
> stream MP3s to all the same client programs that shoutcast does.
>
> icecast 1 is pretty much unsupported these days, so you might want to
> try out icecast 2, currently in beta.

okay thanks.   since I want to stream to the shoutcast server and be listed in
their directory I am attempting the following:

I have the shoutcast server running and ices1 is attempting to stream to the
shoutcast server.

ices1 complains of mount failings:

=== snip ===

Error during send: Mount failed on http://127.0.0.1:8001/icy_0, error: Not
connected to server. Too many stream errors, giving up
Encountered error while transfering /home/noah/mp3/StrangeFruit.mp3: Mount
failed on http://127.0.0.1:8001/icy_0, error: Not connected to server.
Warning: ices_file_get_next() gave me an error, this is not good. [Unreadable
or empty playlist]
ices in free(): warning: chunk is already free
Ices Exiting...

=== snip ===

in the ices configuration file to get this working properly

- Noah