[icecast] OT: sample rate and emu10k1

Joern Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Wed Jun 11 09:15:09 UTC 2003

Matt Boersma wrote:
> This is slightly off-topic, but since we're talking about sample rates
> perhaps one of you can help.
>
> I have a SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 card installed in a nice server
> running Debian Woody (stable).  I have ices and icecast2 working
> well from recent CVS sources.  Linux 2.4.18 kernel using the included
> OSS/Free emu10k1 driver.
>
> Everything works great, but recording from the Line input only
> works if I set sample rate to 32000.  Shouldn't I be able to use
> 44100 or 48000?  I've done so before on much cheaper cards.  Would
> the other (Line2/Mic) inputs work?  I get a segfault in ices or any
> software I use that opens /dev/dsp if I set sample rate to 44100
> or 48000.

afaik the sblive family of cards work at 48k and resample everything
else on-the-fly....

#include "advocacy/why_not_alsa_instead.h"

btw, for questions like these you should try the linux-audio-users list.

--
All Members shall refrain in their international relations from
the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or

Kurfürstenstr 49, 45138 Essen, Germany
http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server)
http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad/ (Linux Audio Developers)