[Fwd: Re: [icecast] Newbie Problem]

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Thu Jun 5 02:43:12 UTC 2003

Hi:

Mountpoints are used to allow hosting several streams on the one server.
So instead of only having the one stream on port 8000, for example, you can
have as many as you can think of mountpoints for.  Mountpoints only have to
be specified in the streamer's configuration (ices in your case), and are
created when the streamer connects to the server.

So, assuming I remember your example correctly since I've deleted it, you'd
tune into your stream by entering http://x.x.x.x:8000/silk.ogg into your
player, where x.x.x.x is your server's IP address.

Note that I'm not sure what the expected behaviour is when no mountpoint is
specified by the player (i.e. playing http://x.x.x.x:8000/).

Hope this hasn't confused you further.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang at uq.net.au>
ICQ number 43634701

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html