[icecast] network-topology

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Wed Jul 30 00:22:08 UTC 2003

Hi:

This would be a bit tricky to implement on the server itself, since if it
directed everything to the relay URL, the relaying server wouldn't be able
to connect.  You'd have to do something with useragent headers.  Sounds
messy.  It would seem to me that it would be easiest to keep people away
from the master server by not sending them there to begin with.  I don't
know of your exact setup, but you'd either post links to the relay server,
or to a script which  will determine which of a set of relays to send the
person to and rediredt as appropriate.

Geoff.