[icecast] network-topology

Stefan Neufeind stefan at neufeind.net
Tue Jul 29 15:41:52 UTC 2003

On 29 Jul 2003 at 17:03, Teneur MAxime wrote:

> I've some questions about the topology of networks
> between icecast server and relays...
>
> At first i asked myself if is it possible, when a
> client attempts to connect to the master server, that
> this server redirects client to another icecast server
> (relay) and that the client is automatically
> connecting to the relay....
>
> I've also seen that this function has two responses:
> -first is that this process depends on the telecoms
> -second is that this process can be implemented by the
> application...
>
> So, i would like to know how is it for icecast? and
> where can i find some documentation about it???

Well I guess thats not straight-away possible with icecast2. But
maybe you could try out opening a small php-page as your actual
"streaming-url" and then send a header("Location: new-url") and
direct e.g. WinAmp to the streaming-server you want it to stream
from? But I'm not sure if this works with all players. Anybody tried
it already?

  Stefan