[icecast] PDA as source client

Luke Stodola minus273point16c at fastmail.fm
Mon Jul 21 16:38:08 UTC 2003

> Well, I thought about it as well but up to now didn't try. Via which
> way do you intend to have e.g. a line-in to the iPaq with reasonable
> quality. Would be really interesting to figure out such things ...
> and then use a WLAN-cradle to transport data to the internet *g*
The main use would be covering events at sports fields, auditoriums, etc.
that are away from the studio.  Since these would already have a PA mixer
at them, generally I'd just use an Aux out (line level) from the mixer to
line in on the PDA.  But a single XLR mic with a converter to 1/8" phono
should work too, right?  What's the audio quality built in to a PDA like,
anybody?  I've never used one.

I do know that PCMCIA cards for Professional audio exist, which could be
an option if the built-in isn't good enough.

>   Stefan
> 'icecast-request at xiph.org'
> containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body.  No subject is
> needed.

  Luke Stodola
  minus273point16c at fastmail.fm