[icecast] Debian packages: icecast2, libshout, ices2

Keegan Quinn ice at wasteland.respond2.com
Thu Jul 17 23:53:46 UTC 2003

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 09:55:04AM -0600, Jack Moffitt wrote:
> Please speak to Ralph Giles <giles at xiph.org> about obtaining commit
> access to CVS.  We should check in your debian/ dir into the official
> tree and that way we can be sure to sync releases.  Also people using CVS
> snapshots will be able to build their own debs.

Well...  Thanks!  I've been maintaining my own Subversion repository for
the packaging stuff, but this would certainly make things easier for
bleeding-edge users, and release synchronization is definitely a good
thing.  I've sent Ralph a quick message.

> Are you planning on packaging ices 0.3 as well?

I had not previously, because I don't personally have any need for MP3
streaming, since Ogg Vorbis is working so well.  :)  I've sent a quick
note to a Debian developer who had expressed interest in the past; if he
is no longer interested, I'll make up some packages myself.

Thanks again,

 - Keegan