[icecast] how can i set different mount points with IceS

Karl Heyes karl at pts.tele2.co.uk
Wed Jan 29 14:41:43 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 10:09, stream wrote:

> Now i need to have another mount point wich streams another playlist
> file how can i do it?

you read from one source like a playlist and stream out one or more
instances.   If you want multiple playlists going out then use multiple
ices.

>                         <encode>
>                                 <nominal-bitrate>64000</nominal-bitrate>
>                                 <samplerate>44100</samplerate>
>                                 <channels>2</channels>
>                         </encode>
>                 </instance>

>                 <instance>
>                         <hostname>213.254.15.38</hostname>
>                         <port>9000</port>
>                         <password>pippo34</password>
>                         <mount>/prova_32.ogg</mount>
>                 </instance>
>
>         </stream>
> </ices>
>
> I do not understand well this section, if someone can shortly explain it
> to me.

Looks like you have 2 outgoing streams. The first (end of instance
definition) will reencode using a the incoming vorbis stream into a
stream with a nomimal bitrate of 64kbits at 44khz and 2 channels.  The
second is a pass through stream which only works with playlists.  This
sends the ogg stream directly to the icecast server on that IP using
that mount point.

karl.